|Nationality||Banoian / Fore|
- "Here, women are treated like dirt. Beaten, raped, burned for being witches."
- — Yerema, describing her treatment in the tribe
During the quest "Pure Blood", Koritoia leads the Hero to Catacombs, the tribe's burial ground where they mummify their deceased. There they come across the body of Yerema, and Koritoia claims that she is a "bad spirit". After poking her, she wakes up, and Koritoia attempts to kill her by beating her to death with his staff. However, Purna shoots him in the lower back, killing him. The Hero must then escort Yerema back to the lab. She goes with the Hero to the Prison, and later escapes the island with the Hero.
Yerema tells the Hero that the reason she can read and write is because she ran away to the city as a teenager. She was given away by her father to a man he owed money to, and that man made her his slave. She did not enjoy that lifestyle, which is her reason for running away.
In Dead Island Riptide she, along with the others are subdued by Colonel Samuel Hardy's men. She is the only one who struggles. Soon after, she bites the soldier to escape. She fails and is caught. But because she bit the soldier and since she has the virus, he turns into a zombie and infects most of the crew.
- If you let Yerema tell her whole story by slowly accompanying her, instead of just running ahead to kill the zombies, she reveals the identity of her father, the man Purna had just killed to save Yerema, Koritoia Ope.
- The Dead Island novel explains that Yerema and her family are immune to the zombie virus. The virus is in them, but remains dormant which makes them carriers. Given that this is incredibly important to the plot and the ending, it is unclear why no mention of it was made in the actual game.
- If her father had killed her, the outbreak might not have occurred.
- It is known that she will appear in the beginning of Dead Island: Riptide and is mentioned by Frank Serpo that she has been moved to a new location.