Tomorrow, 6th of July, Dead Island Game of the Year Edition is released. Dead Island GOTY will contain...
- Dead Island - The full Dead Island Game
- The Ripper - A unique weapon, this combines a baseball bat with a rotary saw
- Bloodbath Arena - Challenging you to take out multiple waves of zombies in four new arenas, plus a new weapon - the Sonic Pulse Grenade
- Ryder White - Play as the game's cheif antagonist in a unique story with new blueprints and weapons to collect
Dead Island has been banned from sale in Germany.
"This isn't unexpected," developer Techland told Eurogamer. "Germany has its unique regulations regarding video games and violence and the industry can only comply. "Both Deep Silver and Techland were aware of such a possibility from the very beginning."
Germany's Federal Department of Media Harmful to Young Persons (the BPJM) classified Dead Island as "List B".
"List B" contains the names of "youth-endangering media". Media on "List B" cannot be sold anywhere in Germany, and anyone caught doing so is punishable by law. GamesIndustry.biz Germany tells us "List B" is usually reserved for media depicting extreme torture or Nazi content.
Being on "List B" means that importing retailers Play.com, …
Read more >
Lionsgate announced Tuesday morning that it has acquired the film rights to the zombie title and will begin developing it as a feature. There are no writers yet on what is essentially a film in very early development, but producer Sean Daniel ("The Mummy"), who was reportedly involved with a "Dead Island" movie project early on, will produce it, Lionsgate said.
So whats your opinion on this? Do you think is going to be the next big zombie movie or a gametomovie flop?Read more >
This Patch fixed all problems below. There is no news on a PS3 patch. *Fixed map synchronization when player joins during map load.
- Fixed saving player re-spawn position when playing in co-op
- Fixed occasional inability to complete sidequests in
- Improved enemy awareness (zombies).
- Fixed occasional bug with NPC’s hands bend (IK)
- Fixed spawning enemies in some quests after joining co-op
- Fixed showing locations on invisible NPCs.
- Fixed potential path blocker when quest “Knockin’ on heaven’s
door” was completed before talking to Dominik during the “On the
- Fixed displaying gather rings near some doors.
- Fixed enemy reaction to fire.
- Fixed enemies’ health and stamina bars in co-op.
- Fixed filtering of games in lobby.
- Volume …
Read more >
- Fixed saving player re-spawn position when playing in co-op mode.