Dead Island Edit
The level requirement and stats all scale to the player's level at the time of collecting the reward, and do not increase once the player has collected it.
- Despite being a legendary weapon, it has the same appearance as an ordinary bolo machete.
- You can not complete the quest after the Lab has been overrun with zombies.
- Unlike other machetes, when equipped with the Hot Rod Mod, the blade of the Tijuana Machete will not display the red hot glow effect. It will still function as a heat-based weapon, igniting flammable zombies and dealing fire damage.
Dead Island: Riptide Edit
- This weapon was previously called "The Black Mamba" or simply "The Machete", but it was changed to "Tijuana Machete" after a recent update.
- This machete may be in reference to an incident with a machete in Tijuana Valley in August of 2010. See here for more details.