The level requirement and stats all scale to the player's level at the time of collecting the reward, and do not increase once the player has collected it.
- Despite being a legendary weapon, it has virtually the same appearance as an ordinary bolo machete. The only difference being the blade is more 'polished'.
- You can not complete the quest after the Lab has been overrun with zombies.
- Unlike other machetes, when equipped with the Hot Rod Mod, the blade of the Tijuana Machete will not display the red hot glow effect. It will still function as a heat-based weapon, igniting flammable zombies and dealing fire damage.
Dead Island: Riptide
- This weapon was previously called "The Black Mamba" or simply "The Machete", but it was changed to "Tijuana Machete" after a recent update.
- This machete may be in reference to an incident with a machete in Tijuana Valley in August of 2010. See here for more details.