|St. Christopher Church|
Saint Christopher's Church, abbreviated as St. Christopher's Church, is the fourth accessible Safe House in Dead Island. It is found in the city of Moresby, and is first visited by the Hero in the beginning of Act II. The community's leader is Helen, a nun.
When the Hero arrives to the church in the armored truck, they find a Ram attacking the front door. The Hero then must kill a Thug defending the bell system inside the church. After the Hero leaves Moresby, the survivors in the church are never heard of again.
There are several side quests available from some of the survivors. There are several health items like extra snacks, energy drinks and fruits found inside the church, as well as a Banoi Herald Excerpt.
- The weather never changes when inside the Church, it's always sunny even when it's raining outside.
- None of the graves outside the church have names on them.
- As the player heads of the western most staircase leading to the church, jumps over the wall, heads to the wall just behind it and to the corner where that wall meets the church and jumps again, they can see an action sign (the cog wheel) beyond the wall.
- In the Ryder White Campaign, on White's arrival at the stationing position of B.I.D.F. Unit 4, it is discovered that the Church is blocked by barriers set up by the Banoi Island Police Force, stopping Ryder from entering. The barriers, however, later disappears when the Heroes arrive. It is presumed that the barriers are removed either by the survivors in the church in order not to prevent more survivors from seeking sanctuary, or by the Raskol gangs intending to set up defenses for their own, or by the Ram spotted at the beginning of Act II by heroes.
- It is presumed that the survivors in the Church would be dead after the Hero leaves Moresby, probably from a breach helped by a Ram or killed by the possible bombing run that is likely to be called in after the story finishes.
- The background music within the church resembles a melody in Shostakovitch's Hamlet Suite, Op. 116. The music can be heard here.
- One of the women in the Church prays in Polish, the native language of the game creators.