Single Shot Rifle (AR-15 Carbine)Edit
A semi-automatic rifle with a medium fire rate, and high damage and accuracy. Best for long distance, suitable for medium distance, not quite suitable for short distance. Despite being in a single shot firing mode, rounds can be fired about as quickly as one can tap the trigger.
Burst Rifle (model M16A4)Edit
Fires bursts of four rounds, with a high fire rate, medium damage, and the highest accuracy rating of all automatic firearms in the game. Best for short and medium distances, not quite suitable for long distance.
Sniper Rifle (Bolt-Action)Edit
Single shot fire, incredibly powerful, capable of taking out multiple zombies with one bullet with a reasonably fast reload. Also has a scope and can be fired across great distances. Can be found on top of a sniper's perch near Pinai Ferry Station on Palanai. Green snipers can also be purchased from a weapons store near Fort Henderson. Here is a video guide showing how to get and where to buy a sniper rifle (Found only in Dead Island: Riptide). Bolt action snipers are extremely powerful. A white Bolt Action Sniper can kill most zombies in one headshot, and up to 3 headshots on a thug.
- Rage Machine in the Police Station has an Auto Rifle. They can also be found in the crate or lockers in the empty armory.
- The two Looters named Zipper and Wolf in the Supermarket use rifles.
- Florencio Morales may also sell an exceptional single-shot rifle in the Warehouse in Moresby.
- Afran's soldiers at his hideout in Act III have a good chance of using these.
- In the Jungle, there is a chance of seeing a survivor ambushed by several Jungle Muggers. At least one of them should have a rifle.
- The guards in the Prison may spawn with these rifles.
- During the quest "Chasing the White Rabbit", B.I.D.F. soldiers on the roof will be using these. There is also a rifle in a crate along with a large amount of ammunition and some grenades.
- The Rifle reloading action is done with the right hand by holding the gun vertically, removing the magazine, loading a new one and pulling the bolt back with the same hand. Most games use the left hand to reload the gun then pull the slide with the right hand.