Rage Mode is a form of attack in Dead Island each Hero can do. This can be activated by filling up a bar, which is achieved by killing enemies. The player also gain an experience multiplier for all the kills they get in this mode.
Each Hero has a different ability, and they are as follows:
- Xian Mei takes out a knife, swinging it faster and more powerfully.
- Logan Carter throws a seemingly infinite amount of throwing knives.
- Sam B pummels enemies with his own pair of Brass Knuckles.
- Purna pulls out a revolver with unlimited ammo.
- Ryder White pulls out a heavy pistol with infinite ammo.
- A bug has been found when playing the Jungle level wherein the player is in Rage Mode for an extended period of time (a 1/2 hour). The only way to exit out of this bug is to reload last checkpoint or die.
- A glitch makes it possible to drop the weapon used during Rage Mode. The fury weapons are called:
&pistol_m9(Ryder). It should be noted that all the Fury weapons have low damage outside the Rage Mode.
- It is possible to die in Rage Mode. (Some skills help prevent this.)
- If killed during the mode the player will have the amount of Fury the player had when they died once they respawn.
- While in Rage Mode the player can open crates and suitcases but they will always be empty.
- Ryder White's fury weapon looks like a heavy pistol but has the same ammo as a pistol. It is also the most accurate gun in the game.