The 1.3 patch was released on November 11, 2011.
- Level cap raised to 60.
- New blueprints for weapon mods added.
- Infected's damage reduced.
- Infected no longer interrupt player's attacks.
- A series of improvements to subsequent playthroughs implemented:
- Quest XP rewards adjusted.
- XP rewards for challenges adjusted.
- In subsequent playthroughs XP is awarded for all quests completed in co-op.
- Purna’s ammo carrying capacity increased by 50%.
- Character state from a saved game can now be loaded when using the "Start from Chapter" option.
- New balancing option added: enemies' levels can now be adjusted independently for each co-op player.
- Players respawn with more health.
- Lock pick skill level required to open a lock is now clearly indicated.
- Improved rewards in weapon crates.
- All weapon crates now contain rewards.
Fixes and interface improvements
- Fix: players are no longer left without a weapon after dropping the equipped item and healing with a medkit
- Fix: equipped items no longer swap mysteriously after drinking an energy drink
- Tweak: healing with medkits from inventory works better (i.e. soda heals 2 bars now), makes smarter choices of medkits
- Fix: loot from dead enemies is now always identical for all co-op players
- Fix: Purna no longer finishes her Fury with fists equipped
- Fix: map tracking after death
- Fix: zone info in the quarantine zone (City of Moresby)
- Tweak: respawn point selection is now smarter
- Improved stability and network performance in co-op
- V-sync option added
- Quest and reward fixes implemented
- Kicks use stamina
- Loot speed is now instant, also no more loot animation
- Grabbing animation for food and drinks have been removed, making it an instant grab
- Picking anything (i.e. money/items) from corpses still has the (slow) animation
- (Newly generated) weapons have more durability (as seen in the file Inventory_Gen.scr)