|Family||Father (husband), Daughter (daughter)|
|Location||Royal Palms Resort|
An unnamed mother was vacationing at the Royal Palms Resort with her husband and daughter when the outbreak infected the denizens on the island. She is a young woman with short black hair and wears a flowery red dress. She was mentioned in the trailer for Dead Island and appears at the start of the game dead alongside her husband.
The mother is shown in the trailer looking on as her husband rescues their daughter and attempts to fight off a horde of zombies. She grabs a nearby knife but does not attack any of the undead that approach. She panics as the zombies storm into the room, and her daughter turns into a zombie as well. She is then over powered by the zombies and killed.
- It is suspected that the family has something to do with the story although the developers have not given away many details according to a recent interview by gameinformer
Q: "The family in the trailer found themselves in a pretty dire situation. Are they the main characters of the game? If not, will we see them again?" A:"We are not quite ready to talk about the involvement of the family in the game at this stage."
- As pointed out in the IGN trailer breakdown the mother is not wearing a wedding ring though the father is. This is most likely a design oversight, but it is speculated that relationship problems might have brought them to the island.
- Fans initially speculated that this woman may be related to the character Purna following the release of a character silhouette. It has since been confirmed that they are separate people.
- Instead of going down the hallway from the player's room that leads to the progression of the game, double back to the end of the hallway to the room at the very end to find both the Mother and Father dead on the floor. Mysteriously the room they are staying in does not have a broken window where the Daughter was launched during the cinema and the little girl's body is nowhere outside the hotel. The axe next to the father cannot be picked up.
- Technically, the mother's fate is never revealed as we do not see her bit or even harmed in any way.