The Morning Star is a blunt, medieval melee weapon in Dead Island. The better rarities of this weapon are hard to find, unless you upgrade your Picklock skill. The first one you might be able to get is from Javier Wimsatt in Lighthouse and it is made of wood. The Morning Star costs a lot of stamina to swing but has a high force attribute and can knock down enemies pretty quickly. It is one of the best weapons for killing a Thug, as it does a large amount of damage and is quick to swing.
- Heavy Morning Star
- Morning Star
- Wooden Morning Star
- Despite the spikes, unmodified Morning Stars cause no bleeding damage.
- In Dead Island: Riptide, the spikes are gone for an unknown reason.
- Morning stars have three different varieties in Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide.
- The first variety is a traditional one. A large metal ball on a stick, with many vicious spikes protruding from it.
- The second variety is identical to the first though, for some reason, does not have any spikes.
- The last variety is only found in Dead Island: Riptide. The metal ball has disappeared, replaced with a human skull.
- All Morning Stars do similar amounts of damage.
In dead island,all types of morning star have the same appearance