|Location||Royal Palms Resort|
“Poor bastard... Jesus Christ...”
— Mike Davis, referring to Ken's fate
Mike Davis is a survivor featured in Dead Island. He is a member of the security team at Royal Palms Resort, and is found inside the hotel during the quest Born to be Wild. He offers to guide the Hero through the hotel and unlock the doors, but requests the Hero to discover the fate of Mike's partner, Ken.
After the Hero locates Ken and returns to Mike in the security control room, he allows the Hero through. He informs the Hero that the Hotel's security system is damaged, and needs to be re-booted. After completing the reboot process, he guides the player to the parking garage.
- Davis appears to be vulnerable to some of the player's attacks.
- When he first meets the player on the other side of the elevator shaft, throwing a Molotov Cocktail at him will actually cause him to briefly collapse until the fire begins to dissipate.
- Hand-held explosive such as a Deo-Bomb, can cause Mike to flee from the impending explosion, potentially falling down into the elevator shaft and taking small amounts of damage. If enough explosives are thrown, his attempts to flee can actually end up with him climbing onto the player's side of the elevator shaft.
- With a very precise jump, the player can actually jump onto Mike's side of the elevator shaft, leading to a ledge with no solid walls or textures, and allowing the player to see the abyss under the various passages of the hotel.
- Without dev-mode enabled or similar game mods, falling into the abyss will kill the player upon landing.
- The monitors in the control room in which Mike is situated clearly show the inside and roof of the prison