"To stand among us, you must prove you are worthy"
This article is a candidate for merge with Punks. Give your opinion on this article's talk page.
- "Come on out, you coward!"
- — Looter
Looters are the hostile human survivors featured in Dead Island that see the zombie apocalypse as a benefit. Looters appear all over the city of Moresby, where they roam the streets and will attack the Hero on sight. They are usually armed, sporting pistols. This makes them a good source for firearms and ammo.
A few groups of these criminals have taken control of various central locations, such as the Police Station and the Supermarket. Other survivors will sometimes refer to them as "Raskol thugs", indicating that they may have been part of gangs before the apocalypse.
- They can be dispatched at close range but require duck and cover tactics to get in close enough to sprint to. However, a well placed headshot from a firearm will kill them instantly.
- In certain areas, it is inadvisable to attempt to run them down with a vehicle due to tight spots. They will also fire through the windows of the vehicle at the Hero. In such case it's best to exit the vehicle then use it as cover while dispatching the Looters.
- Most Looters are marked on the map with a skull, which represents something that needs to be killed.
- The Looters belong to different groups.
- In-game, Looters are also referred to as Punks.