- "It's not. And never will be. Trust me."
- — Charon/Kevin
Kevin is a survivor featured in Dead Island. He is located inside the Prison, and was part of a group of survivors led by Titus Kabui. It's implied that the hacker that is mentioned at the end, Charon, is actually Kevin. This is later confirmed in Ryder White's Campaign. In a way, he is the main antagonist of the game.
The Hero meets him during the quest "Full Metal Jacket", in which the Hero must gain access to the armory. Kevin is waiting outside the door, but needs the master key. He gives the Hero the side quest "Locked Armory", in which the Hero must retrieve the master key. Once he has the master key, the Hero will need to protect Kevin while he unlocks the door. Later on, Kevin assists the Hero in escaping in Colonel White's helicopter. He escapes the island of Banoi with the Hero.
Ryder White's CampaignEdit
When Kevin meets Colonel Ryder White during the events of Ryder White's Campaign, Ryder immediately recognizes Kevin as the hacker Charon.
Dead Island: RiptideEdit
After landing the helicopter which was taken from Banoi in the first game, Kevin/Charon is arrested along with Yerema and the Banoi survivors. Though, so far after the initial cutscene within the game, it is unknown if he died upon the naval ship or if he managed to escape. However, Yerema got transported to another lab somewhere else.
- "Indeed I am, Colonel. Named for the ferryman of Hades who transported the dead on the River Styx. But right now, your wife is still among the living, sir. And I can keep her that way if you do everything I say."
- — Charon/Kevin, after being recognized by Ryder
- "A supervirus derived from a mummy. I'll call it the Pharaoh's Curse..."
- — Charon/Kevin
- "And what would they have done? They wouldn't even know where to look! Who told you about the virus and gave Emily the medicine to slow it down? I betrayed the consortium for you..."
- — Charon/Kevin, trying to reason with Ryder
In the Dead Island novel, Kevin is revealed as the hacker Charon, who is planning to use the virus carried by Yerema to bring destruction to the world. It is also revealed that he was responsible for the deaths of the scientists at the Laboratory by hacking the security in order to release an Infected from its cage in an attempt to prevent the creation of an actual cure for the virus.
- In Greek Mythology, Charon (also known as Kharon) was the ferryman that carried souls of the deceased across the river Styx. The explanation for this nickname was later confirmed by Kevin in Ryder White's Campaign.
- Kevin is actually the Voice, as revealed in Ryder White's Campaign.
- Charon has worked for many terrorist and criminal organizations, such as Al-Qaeda and the Yakuza.
"In times like these, you think people would pull together."
This article is poorly written. You can help Dead Island Wiki by rewriting it.