"In times like these, you think people would pull together."
This article is poorly written. You can help Dead Island Wiki by rewriting it.
There are a total of five different levels of rarity for the weapons featured in Dead Island. These are:
- Common (White) — Found everywhere, most items and weapons are this color.
- Uncommon (Green) — Frequently found in metal chests and given as a reward from quests. Uncommon items are occasionally dropped by zombies on death.
- Rare (Blue) — Often given as a reward from quests but can be found on zombies after death and in metal chests although the chance is low.
- Unique (Violet) — Occasionally given as a reward from quests. Can be found on zombies after death and in chests but the chance of this is very low.
- Exceptional (Orange) — Rarely given as a reward from quests. Very rarely dropped by zombies on death and found in metal chests.
- Legendary (Orange) — Extremely rare items in the game can be rewards for missions and others can be found in metal boxes, or in a body of a zombie.
There are a few ways of improving the grade of weapon the player can receive. These include:
- Using the Lockpick Skill — By using this skill the player gains the ability to pick locked chests, level one chests being the easiest and level three chests being the hardest. Level three metal chests are more likely to contain Rare, Unique and Exceptional weapons.
- Using the Appraiser Skill — The Appraiser skill in Logan's Survival skill tree increases the chance to find an upgraded weapon.