When the Hero enters the bungalow, they will hear Lucy mumbling to herself. Upon entering the room she is in, the Hero will see her curled up in the corner. Hector is standing near her, armed with a knife and presumably protecting her. When the Hero draws close to them, Hector attacks and must be killed. After he is killed, Lucy will not react in any way and will continue to speak to herself.
Hector can be targeted from outside his aggro range with no range enhancements, and generally killed very easily with a single well placed cutting weapon throw to the neck.
- Hector Lecter may be a reference to the song "Helter Skelter" by the famous English rock band The Beatles. It can also be interpreted that, due to their close proximity, Lucy is a reference another song by The Beatles titled "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".
- His name could also be a reference to the novel and film character Hannibal Lecter.
- His weapon is actually a Tesla Bomb Knife Mod but the Hero can't take it.
- Lower level players can be killed quickly by him, as he acts as an Infected with a knife. Upon entering the bungalow, there is a body with two weapons nearby to provide some form of fighting against him. He always drops a Kitchen Knife upon death.
- It is almost impossible to escape from him, he will follow the player until he or the player is dead. Can be easily killed by zombies.