The Floater Meat is a miscellaneous item featured in Dead Island and in Dead Island: Riptide. It's used for creating a specific weapon modification and can be obtained by killing a Floater or found in specific places.
- "Wet Job" — one of the scientists at the Laboratory asks the Hero to get some, so that they can figure out why they are different from other zombies.
- Deathstalker Mod (x2)
- Purchased from a trader in the Banoi Maximum Security Prison. Sometimes carried by other traders in Banoi as well.
- In debris piles scattered in the Sewers and the Jungle (small chance).
- There are three static spawn locations within the Laboratory (see details below).
- Although Floater Meat is relatively rare before reaching the Laboratory, it can only be used to craft one weapon mod, one which is only made available after reaching the Laboratory. As it becomes relatively easy to obtain after that point, any special efforts to obtain Floater Meat prior to reaching the Laboratory should be avoided.
- The Floater Meat actually looks just like the meat from an Infected, however with a different name and value.