Canned Food is a miscellaneous item found in Dead Island. It is quite plentiful around the Resort and Moresby areas, and is used in multiple quests. Unfortunately, the Hero can't use canned food to heal; it's strictly a quest item.
- Commonly found inside of bars along the pools and beaches of the Resort and inside abandoned houses in Moresby.
- Once the quests "Wind in the Stomach", "Ashes of Humanity", or "Feeding the Multitude" are accepted, quest markers will appear on the Hero's minimap, revealing nearby canned food.
- A Piece of Cake (main event — Act I, Resort) Deliver three cans to John Sinamoi.
- Wind in the Stomach (continuous event — Act I, Resort) Deliver two (2) cans to Ned in the Lighthouse.
- Ashes of Humanity (continuous event — Act III, Jungle) Deliver two (2) cans to Brian in the River Village.
- Feeding the Multitude (continuous event — Act III, Jungle) Deliver five (5) cans to Pono in the Overpass Camp.
- Canned Food is one of few items that can never be found in a container. It will always be out in the open, or in an open basket.