|Black Hawk Down|
|Given By||John Sinamoi|
|Reward||2400 XP, Shock Mod|
|Task||Investigate the helicopter wreckage and bring Sinamoi any supplies you find.|
|Location||Lifeguard Tower||Previous||Born to be Wild|
John Sinamoi tasks the Hero with finding the crash site of a Super 25 helicopter. Before reaching the crash site, the Hero encounters a Suicider. They then get to the crash site and escort the sole survivor, Nikolai, to Bunker 02.
Nikolai will lead them to a rock outcrop with Walkers below (loot the weapon chest he was sitting on before following him). If in single player he will jump down to fight them. In 4 person co-op he did not jump down until after all the Walkers were dispatched. After the Walkers a few Infected will be encountered. From there it's an uneventful trek.
Before doing this quest is an ideal time to turn in Brand Champagne obtained in the Hotel. This is especially true since once the Suicider reveal cutscene has occurred there will be Suiciders found in various places around the Resort. It is also an ideal time to complete any remaining side quests as the main quests after this will lead directly to Act 2 (though you can return to complete most of them once Act 2 has begun).
- It should be noted that during the quest, when the player and Nikolai reach the small ledge with several zombies down below, that if a Molotov Cocktail is thrown at the horde that Nikolai will take the initiative and jump down onto the still flaming corpses of the zombies and set himself on fire. This will result in his death and mission failure. Molotov Cocktails and other such explosives should be used with caution.
- You can reach Nikolai without activating the Suicider cutscene by jumping up along the rocks right before the cutscene area, although Nikolai will not respond to you.
- If you die due to the Suicider blowing up, when you come back to the game you will not have to fight it again as it killed itself.
- After Nikolai gets to Bunker 02 make sure to get his side quest, A Voice from Above the Sky, from him. He will disappear once you leave the area.
- Explore the bunker and be ready to kill a Suicider. In that same room is one of the Skulls needed to get a Developer's Craft Mod.
- The name of this quest is a reference to the book and film of the same name, which was about the Battle of Mogadishu where the mission to capture Mohamed Farrah Aidid's top lieutenants went wrong after two U.S. Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawks were shot down.
- This is the first quest you encounter a Suicider.