Alcohol is a consumable item. It can be found throughout the Dead Island.
Alcohol is one of the most common items in the game and can be found almost anywhere. It is used in several quests, and when two bottles are combined with a rag, it can be used to create Molotov cocktails (provided you have the Molotov Blueprint). When it is consumed, alcohol will intoxicate the Hero and blur their vision. While drunk, the Hero will sway left and right, and cannot run in a straight line. If consumed back to back, then it will cause the character to fall over and become incapacitated for a short period, this also heals the character during this period.
- Mike gives the player a Molotov cocktail when provided with five bottles of alcohol during the side quest "Fiery Drinks."
- In the quest "Death in the Glass," Harlan Johnson will exchange three bottles of alcohol for a Molotov cocktail.
- Stanley Garrison gives the player the quest "Out of Stock," where the Hero must collect five bottles of alcohol for him 3 times.
- In Saint Christopher's Church, Theresa gives the player the quest "Alcohol for Theresa," which requires the Hero to collect five bottles of alcohol for her, for medical reasons.
- Florencio Morales at the Warehouse asks for five bottles of alcohol in the quest "Spicy Drinks" so that he can make Molotovs to protect the safe house.
- Multiple bottles can be found in the resort area, in the bars and bungalows.
- Three bottles can be found in the city of Moresby, in one of the stores near the Warehouse.
- Up to three bottles can be found in the Mayor's room in City hall.
- Multiple bottles can also be found in the Hotel in the bar.
- Drinking alcohol mostly benefits Logan Carter. Drinking increases Logan's damage and health regeneration rate, if a certain skill is upgraded beforehand.
- Drinking 5 bottles in a row (tested on all characters) causes your character to fall down right after the fifth one. This heals your character but can be extremely dangerous during a fight, make sure that you keep track of the amount your character consumes.
- Drinking bottles of alcohol constantly (tested on all characters), provided the player has collected a wide amount, will keep decreasing your character's health even when you've fallen down, eventually killing you in the process.
- The bottle itself is a reference to Jack Daniel's "Old Time, Old No. 7" Whiskey.
- The bottle says "Tomas Sparrow" and something undecipherable under it.
- The fountain servers at the bar read, "Carcass Lager Ale".
- The alcohol dispensers at the bar are called "DeadIslander"